Tips on productive posting...

Yeah, I've really got to stop posting late at night. Schedule changes seem to be a common theme in my life as of late. I'm just cursed with an inability to sleep. It runs in the family.
Regardless, Andrew stopped by this evening with his friend Alex and we drank wine and waxed philosophical (and practical) about the music business and Andrew's upcoming release. His record is so good it scares me a bit. The label is incredibly fortunate to have such a wealth of talent on all fronts. From the artists to the folks that are helping to put all the career shaping pieces together; we are every lucky to be traveling down a road of integrity when the industry as a whole has been stretched way too far in the opposite direction. I read recently that iTunes is now the number 3 musical retail outlet behind Walmart and Best Buy. If that doesn't grab you by the ears and scream in your face that something is drastically wrong with the way things have been going from a music business standpoint in recent years then I don't know what will.
And please don't get me wrong. That's not to say that iTunes is bad. Not at all. Without them to provide the ultimate mechanism for instant musical gratification, the number 3 outlet may very well be the Home Shopping Network... Hell, it might be in the top 10 anyway!!! Further, labels like Me and the Machine wouldn't have the distribution reach that we currently enjoy. Wow. Ranting a bit this evening. Must have been the wine...
Tomorrow will more than likely bring the re-tracking of vocals for my new tune and a deep investigation into the bass lines on material courtesy of The New Whole Usuals. I've agreed to poke a sharp stick in or around the bass parts in an attempt to learn them. It has been many years since I've even thought about using that part of my brain. Oh, it won't be that bad. It's probably like riding a bike. Of course, the bike in my case has a rusty chain and no handlebars...haha.
Ok, it's tomorrow. Time to sleep. JP