New Feature on the MATM Blog

So like I said in my first post, I'm going to also do my best to pose questions about some of the things I find on the web that may or may not be useful in a music business setting. For instance, there is now a box to the right of this post with text embodied within it. The current top story is "Swaptree to Finally Launch Next Week". I'm just using this post as an example. Basically, if you click on that link and read the post, you'll learn about this new site called Swaptree which apparently is a platform by which two people can swap items. Strange but ok. The question is: How could a barter system like this be useful to musicians? Maybe it can't be useful at all but maybe it's a potential way for bands to tour with one another or cover one another's songs?
Ok, that's just one example. The sites listed and the questions asked about them will more than likely be based more or less around music-centric sites. But who knows? Music is really a part of our everyday lives more than any of us actually realize so I'm willing to bet that unlikely opportunities will present themselves in sites that we least expect. I guess we'll see...